That Thing Called BATADhana

* This is a short kwento about our short escape last April.

I was telling my parents that me and my YFC friends are bound to Ifugao the next day . Then they suddenly became giddy and they insisted to come along. It's funny how spontaneous they can get. Well, that's a favor for me, I'd be spending nothing again hihi. Oh by the way, our bunso also tagged along haha.

How to go to Ifugao:
Ride an Ohayami Bus. Ohayami Bus Station is near Legarda, Sampaloc, Manila. I suggest that you book early, since it's the only bus liner that travels from MNL to IFG. Travel time is about 10-12 hours, ticket is less than 500 pesos.

Weather and what to wear:
I love the weather in Ifugao. It's not freezing cold nor sweaty hot, sobrang sakto lang talaga ,haaaay kung pwede lang na doo n na ako tumira I'd really love to ,but sobrang layo kasi. I thought that Banawe Rice terraces is just a view so I decided to wear pangporma shoes. Gally, I wore a  Sperry top-sider and that's the worst thing I ever did. I never thought that we'd be trekking almost two boondocks to get to the terraces and the falls. My feet were swollen and my nails literally died huhu.

What to see and experience:
GREENS and greens and greens. Everything is just green! We went to Batad Rice terraces instead of Banawe Rice terraces since it's greener there ( sabi ng locals). No words could really describe how beautiful, how relaxing, how refreshing it is to be there. You really must see it for yourselves. The locals are very welcoming. It's nice to see how they respect and keep their culture alive. Their stories are must heard , better must experienced. Unfortunately we have limited time in Ifugao, we only have a weekend to experience her. Trekking to the falls is the most hard and enjoyable part. It would be a test of strength, stamina, and friendship #walangiwanan and immersing in the cold falls is indeed a great reward.

Special thanks to Austin Wigan Kalugdan and his family for accepting us in their humble home/ bed and breakfast. If you want to have a homey and cozy place to stay in Ifugao, their bed and breakfast in Lagawe is the best place for your vacation. They even have a mini museum. The food and place is definitely awesome!!!

I would really want to live in a place like Ifugao, so fresh and green. Yes, I am a probinsya lover!!! I hope to come back again and stay a little longer.

I have no decent camera that time, but lemme share to you some grabbed photos from my friends. Enjoy and I hope you could soon visit Ifugao. Ciao!
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bantayan × Kalanggaman

KL-Melaka-SG, Bali, Brunei-KK: A Crazy Backpacking Trip

Vietnam - Cambodia - Thailand - Laos -A Travel Kwento