Paradise

    Palawan is the largest island province of the Philippines and it is indeed blessed with natural wonders;  white sand beaches, green rain forests, majestic mountains, limestone cliffs, primitive caves, and clear seascapes. With its breathtaking beauty, it's a perfect summer getaway destination. And I am overjoyed to have experienced this paradise with my friends and my Lord. Our 10-day Palawan Trip is definitely one of my favorite travels.

       During my first 3 days in Puerto Princesa, I participated in the Social Actions, a pre-ICON event. It is a series of activities wherein the youths would live out and put their faith into action.

This is my group for our 3-day Social Actions Event, say HELLO to TEAM CHAOLONG!

On our first day, we held a RevUp movement. We went to an orphanage and then danced and played with the kids. I was reminded that I am beyond blessed to have a shelter, a home , and a family to belong with . The Lord blesses us so we too can bless others.

My three alagas gave me their drawings, with it are their dream homes and the prayers we lifted up together.

Our second day activity which is G-project is the closest to my heart, because I'm an advocate of a greener and cleaner nation and I'm in love with nature. This earth is our temporary home, so as stewards it is our duty to take care of it. 

 We  held a coastal clean-up at a local beach. We had  a boodle fight-lechon, dinuguan, and manga with bagoong- for lunch, yumyum. Then we had a fun-filled team building in the afternoon.  

The last day of Social Actions is the most inspiring and heartfelt . We visited the Iwahig Prison, a prison with no bars and no walls. Our time with the prisoners are limited but what they've shared will forever be in our  hearts.  I am humbled, moved, and enlivened by their stories of repentance, faith, and love. Truly, love is free.

After our prison visit we had our lunch at Mitra's Ranch, then we set off for our city tour.
Overlooking view of Puerto Princesa City at Mitra's Ranch

Biking at Baywalk

Immaculate Conception Cathedral and Plaza Cuartel

Groupies 

The fourth and fifth day are definitely the highlight of this Palawan trip, the ICON proper.


Photos are from CFC-YFC

I am God's beloved, so are you!
West B Campus Team

Duo

Jec and friends

After  ICON, together with my household and my friends we hit the road for another city tour.
Food Trip: Balinsasayaw and Chaolong. These are "must try" dishes.

RoBeam's Family at Butterfly Eco Garden and Tribal Village

Lacoste

Brave

Butterflies in my stomach

Campus Team at Pristine 




Sweet Sunset

Puerto Princesa is indeed a beautiful city. After our dip in the beach we headed fast to the bus station going to El Nido. We were welcomed by the cold breeze as we arrived  there. We stayed at Deo Hotel and Tours owned by Tita Babes Bernal , the Couple Coordinator of YFC in El Nido , who is the mom of one of my alags in CEU. Praise God for their hospitality and generous hearts.

As the sun rises this view greeted us. Our 7-hour bumpy ride is indeed worth it.

Now are wanderlust and adventure begins! We have no itinerary so literally we wandered in this beautiful island. 

Day 1-  Island Hopping















Day 2- Taraw Cliff Climbing and Skim-boarding 




 No perfect words can describe that beauty of yours my dear Palawan; the yellow-orange to pink-violet sunsets, the clear blue waters, the lively green trees of the mountains, sparkling grey lime stones, the welcoming locals and the scrumptious foods. I fell in love with you and I'll definitely go back. 



Generous Sponsors























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bantayan × Kalanggaman

KL-Melaka-SG, Bali, Brunei-KK: A Crazy Backpacking Trip

Vietnam - Cambodia - Thailand - Laos -A Travel Kwento